Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Forever

I remember my dreams only rarely, and when I do they always pertain to what is happening at that point in my life. I dreamed about my daughter Squirrel for two years before I had her -- I even knew what she would look like at birth and through the age of two. Pat (my husband) dreamed about Monkey for years before we even married and then had her -- in fact, the day I took the pregnancy test and told him I was pregnant his response was "oh, it's Monkey*" and hugged me and then headed back out on the farm to finish up his chores.
On Sunday, February 1st, 2009, Hubby's uncle Robert Dean Maxfield, passed away. He was in his upper 70's, had congestive heart failure, among other serious health concerns. He was ready to "go home". I know that God lives, He loves us, and He has prepared a way for us to return to His presence. I believe in eternity -- in heaven and in eternal families. I had a dream that I sat by Bobby again, him holding my hand like he used to, and we were talking about this life. I recognized as I sat there (in my dream) that it was heaven, that we were together in heaven. I woke up teary-eyed, but grateful that my Heavenly Father again reminded me that families are forever.
I love you, Uncle Bobby. Thank you for being my friend and for laughing at my children's chatter and dancing, for calling me up just to tell me about your day, for being unafraid to voice your opinion. I will always be grateful for these 8 years I have known you here, and the possibilities in the heavens.
* names have been changed 'cause it just seemed right for us, for now

1 comment:

ShaneandLauraFamily said...

I think we all have tons of wonderful memories of Uncle Bobby. I only wish I could have been back there. It is always wonderful to know that we will again be whole and have the eternities together.